Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cheap Fix

I live in a rental, that means there are a lot of things I can't change!
There are some things that I just don't like in this house. I do make
small minor changes. Such as a light fixture here and there! It was
inexpensive enough that I can leave it behind if I choose. In the mean
time I have something much prettier to look at!
BEFORE


PRIME & PAINTED ORB

I LIKE THIS MUCH BETTER
Yeah I was so excited I forgot to take the wash cloths down! I would love to frame
out the mirror but I'm not sure about that yet! If I can do it w/o it being permanent
then I just might try! This lil project only cost me $4. I bought the light fixture at
The Humane Society Thrift Shop. Primer and Paint were already on hand.

6 comments:

  1. Hey you know what,,,that was a creative transformation! I like what you did with that lighting fixture! Keep it going!

    GarnerCH

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW, what a remarkable difference,,,and it only cost $4.00 to do this. You truly have a good eye and talent! I am liking this too!

    Following the FunkyJunk@202

    BBA1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks GarnerCH, and thanks for stopping by! I love to get visitors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BBA, thanks for coming back! Yep, $4 is all I paid! It works for me, I have a very limited budget :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Love that you only spent $4. I found a new light fixture at home depot for $3 but can't install it until I pay an electrician to move the light to a wall mount instead of an overhead fixture, so I think I will be giving up on that idea... it would be too expensive to complete. So glad you can work around the ugliness in your rental house & make it beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin I'm so happy when I'm able to change out things even the small things, not only does it make me feel more as home but I get to pretty things up!

    ReplyDelete